Contacting Amazon Seller Support is inevitable as an Amazon Seller. When it comes to selling with Amazon or any other online platform, whether we like it or not, there will come a time that issue/s will come up and we would be needing help. Knowing how and where to get appropriate help really matters. Being able to deliver your concern or issue clearly to the right people will get you the right resolution at the shortest possible time.
So, if ever you encounter issues beyond your knowledge, be it about the listing, payments, customer orders, feedback and any other possible issues that may negatively affect your Amazon Seller Account, you can only turn to one Amazon Team, the Seller Support that is. But as we know, Amazon Seller Support has tons of sub-teams located all over the world. Knowing who to contact depending on your concern is a must to get the desired support that you need.
Below are some tips we have come up with for you to be able to get the best out of your contact with Amazon Seller Support whether be it via email, chat or phone.
- Be sure to address each issue individually. Of course, you want to get the best resolution at the best possible time. But bombarding a Seller Support with all your issues all at once won’t help and it may even prolong the delivery of the resolution because of the following reasons:
- Your non-related issues might get mixed up and be neglected.
- Lumping several issues in one case may cause confusion
- Raise your concern/s over using the appropriate category in the Seller Central Support page. This is to ensure that the person whom you will be talking to is the right person with the right knowledge on the issue you are having. Moreover, doing this will also prevent your case from being bounced around from department to department which will surely delay your much-awaited resolution.
- Be clear and concise with your questions or concerns. You may sometimes find yourself to be unable to properly deliver your issue, so it would be better to take down notes before your actual contact with Seller Support.
- Give enough details about your concern. Giving Seller Support a clear picture of what’s going on or why you need help is the key to getting an appropriate answer to your question.
- Keep calm and patient. We do understand that at times you may face urgent issues and you badly need a resolution as it may negatively affect your account or your sales. But losing your cool during the contact with Seller Support won’t give you your much-desired answer. Bear in mind that if your case requires a specialist, you may be transferred accordingly and will have to wait. But you’d rather get the right answer even if it takes a bit, longer right? Fast resolution isn’t always the best.
You may also want to be ready with your account details should Seller Support require account validation or more information about your account to provide you support. Refer to the list below of what information you should have on hand.
- Seller Name or Business Name
- Registered address
- Last four digits of bank account or credit card on file
- Order Details if you need help about a customer order or trying to resolve a dispute
- Notes about the issue you are having to ensure you provide seller support all the pertinent details they might need
How to get phone support?
FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) department helpline is available 24 hours a day but calling between 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Central Time will let you get in touch with quality representatives.
The toll-free telephone number for general USA support related to complaints, billing issues, or account activity by following the prompts: 1-888-280-4331.
For sellers based in India, phone support option is unfortunately not an option.
Spanish Seller Support
For sellers located in a Spanish-speaking country, you can call the same helpline and request to be transferred to their Spanish-speaking team or they may also transfer you to the said them as soon as they hear the language.
How to get email support?
Log in to your Amazon Seller Central account. You may find the “Get Support” on any page and click on “Contact Us”.
Choose the appropriate category depending on your issue and choose “Email”.
Like phone support, email support are available 24/7.
India Seller Support
https://services.amazon.in/ are for vendors who live in India to communicate with a representative who will reply within 24 hours. Contacting any of the emails ending in .in is the best way to get help.
Amazon Official Support Emails
Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO – email@example.com
Seller Evaluation – firstname.lastname@example.org
Appeal for Product Quality Issues
Seller Performance Team
Brand Trademark Infringement – email@example.com
Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights
US – firstname.lastname@example.org
UK – email@example.com
IT – firstname.lastname@example.org
ES – email@example.com
IN – firstname.lastname@example.org
MX – email@example.com
For unpaid earnings after the account is closed by Amazon – firstname.lastname@example.org
Appeal for payment after the account is closed
If in any case, the seller support can’t provide the help needed, please bear in mind that asking to be transferred to someone who is in a better position to help is always an option.
The Amazon Support Page offers basic solutions to frequently asked questions, including changing a listing, contacting a buyer, Fulfillment by Amazon, product and inventory, payment and fees, policy information, sponsored products, and shipping info. So, you may want to check it first before you reach out to seller support.
If you ever receive a policy warning or performance notification from Amazon, below are some points to remember:
- Take the warning or notification seriously as it may negatively affect your seller performance or your seller account in a whole.
- Ensure that you respond with a detailed plan of action as soon as you can.
- If you are unable to answer or provide the required information yet, be sure to notify Amazon and commit to sending it over to them at a specific date.
- Be apologetic and persuasive. Show your sincerity on making things right and ensuring that you or your product is compliant.
- Lastly, keep in mind that several warnings for the same issue may cause your seller account to be suspended, so be sure to address the issue and implement your plan of action accordingly.
What should your plan of action include?
- Acknowledgment of the policy violation
- The changes you will make to ensure compliance with their policies
- The detailed description of how you will implement the changes
- A time-frame for addressing the violation or the issue
Need more help on your Amazon business? Try My Seller Pal for a 14-day FREE trial. Plan starts at $15/month.