As Amazon sellers, driving lots of traffic to our listing is very important. Whether be it through Amazon PPC campaigns and/or external marketing campaigns like Facebook or Google. Back then, it’s hard to measure the impact of marketing campaigns especially if they are from outside sources like social media paid ads. Thankfully, Amazon is always working hard to help sellers especially brands be better at what they do. Among those efforts is helping registered brands be able to get more insights on the impact of their marketing campaigns to their sales through the Amazon Attribution Beta.
What is Amazon Attribution Beta?
As stated on Amazon’s website, Amazon Attribution Beta will help brands measure the impact of external marketing campaigns based on how customers discover, research, and buy products on the platform.
Through its unique conversion metrics, brands will have a comprehensive view of how each of their marketing strategies contribute to buying activity on the marketplace. Enabling brands to analyze how effective their external marketing tactics are. These unique conversion metrics are as follows:
- Amazon detail page views
- Purchase rate
- Add to carts
Amazon Attribution can track and measure traffic from nearly any source. This includes rich media or paid social media promotions like Facebook or Instagram. Moreover, it can report both orders and revenue for traffic brought directly to Amazon (i.e., traffic from a landing page). And by creating orders and line items, brands are able to create unique tracking templates and measure performance to their desired level.
How do Amazon Attribution works?
- Vendors and sellers should sign up to create their Amazon Attribution account.
- Once the account is created, sellers and vendors should log in and add the products that they want to track and measure conversions.
- Users should generate tags for each of their marketing strategies.
- Finally, implement tags across search, social, display, video ads, and email marketing.
- Generate reports and evaluate external marketing campaigns performance.
Benefits Amazon Attribution
- Through Amazon Attribution’s on-demand reporting, advertisers and brands would be able to uncover the insights they need to optimize their media campaigns and ultimately, improve their product sales.
- Sellers will now be more confident in spending more on outside traffic as they are able to quantify the revenue generated from outside marketing.
- Increase Amazon sales velocity
- Will give brands the power to reach customers regardless of wherever they choose to browse. In addition, brands will be able to direct them to customized and highly converting landing page or store supported by Amazon Prime Shipping and excellent customer service.
- Create new demand via social and prospecting channels like Facebook and/or Instagram.
- Increase the number of potential shoppers by conducting retargeting campaigns to customers.
Amazon Attribution Availability
Currently, Amazon Attribution Beta is available only to vendors selling in the US and with limited availability in the UK.
To register, vendors should fill up the Amazon Attribution Beta application form.
Sellers in the US can register on Seller Central but should meet the following eligibility criteria.
- Has a registered brand operating in the US.
- Using Amazon Advertising
Eligible sellers will receive an email from Amazon once the beta is open to them.
Once registered, vendors and sellers should receive an email with their new Amazon Attribution entity within two weeks. By then, Amazon Attribution can be accessed through the Amazon DSP.
Amazon Attribution Cost
Currently, participation in Amazon Attribution is FREE. Amazon charges no cost to sellers or vendors who wants to utilize the service.
With Amazon Attribution, targeting highly-engaging customers is now within reach. Working on launching a new product or trying to improve sales by driving external traffic to your Amazon listing? My Seller Pal’s turn-key landing pages can make the job a lot easier for you. Try and see for yourself.