Amazon’s Official Review Request Automation with My Seller Pal
Automating Amazon’s standard review request using My Seller Pal’s automation tool can bring several benefits to businesses and individual sellers. Here are just a few of the reasons why automating review requests is valuable and why it’s a must-do for all sellers, big or small:
- Increased customer satisfaction: By automating review requests, businesses and sellers can reach out to customers to ask for feedback and reviews with more ease. This can help to improve the customer experience, as it shows that the business values their opinions and wants to continually improve.
- Better product ratings and reviews: Requesting reviews via Amazon’s Request a Review button and automating the process allows businesses and sellers to proactively gather feedback from customers without the risk of violating Amazon’s policies. Utilizing this tool can help improve the overall rating and review score of a product, as it allows for a larger volume of reviews to be collected over time.
- Improved search rankings: Amazon’s algorithm takes into account the number and quality of reviews when determining a product’s search ranking. By automating review requests, businesses and sellers can increase the number of reviews they receive, which can help to improve their search ranking and make their products more visible to potential customers.
- Time savings: Although the review request button is conveniently found on the order detail page on Seller Central, sellers need to manually click this button for every single order they are to request a review for. By using an automation tool like My Seller Pal to do this time-consuming task, businesses and sellers can save a significant amount of time. Sellers only need to set the trigger on when they want the review requests to be sent and the app will take care of the rest. Setting up takes less than 5 minutes! This frees up time that can be spent on other aspects of the business, such as product development or marketing.
Amazon’s Official Review Request
Amazon’s review request button is a feature that allows sellers on the Amazon marketplace to request reviews from their customers. This is a valuable tool for sellers, as reviews can help improve the visibility of their products and drive more sales especially since Amazon had imposed stricter rules on buyer-seller messaging and even banned hundreds of sellers from proactively contacting buyers.
The review request button can be found on the seller’s order detail page and can be easily clicked to send a review request email to the customer.
After clicking the “Request a Review” button, sellers will see another page where instructions and conditions regarding using the feature are provided. Amazon makes it very clear that if you use the request a review button, you should no longer send any additional review requests via buyer-seller messaging. Sending proactive messages to your buyers will risk account restriction so it’s always best to comply and be sure to not send any more emails to your customers.
The email will contain a link to the product’s review page and seller feedback, where the customer can leave a rating for one or both as they like. Below is how the review request would look like.
- 100% compliant with Amazon’s TOS. Since it’s Amazon who creates and sends the email, sellers can avoid the risk of sending content that is not allowed by Amazon, thus preventing incurring a Buyer-Seller Messaging restriction.
- Customer-friendly email design. The review request email contains clickable stars that catch buyers’ attention and allows them to leave their ratings conveniently and hassle-free.
- Automatically excludes buyers who aren’t supposed to review requests. It automatically excludes buyers who opted out, those who already left their feedback or review, and those whose orders are not yet delivered.
- Amazon personalizes the email by using the customer’s name. Amazon always aims to make every customer feel important and valued and they will make sure customers feel it in every email they receive from the e-commerce giant.
- Only a single email can be triggered. This may not sound like a favorable benefit to sellers, but it is because it prevents customers from being overwhelmed with a series of email requests.
- Includes both seller feedback and product review request. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone for sellers. With a single Amazon-approved email, sellers can request ratings on both seller performance and product quality.
- High deliverability. Since the sender is Amazon itself, the likelihood of buyers receiving the message and leaving their review is significantly higher than seller-initiated requests.
Points to Consider
- No further customizations are allowed. Amazon creates and sends emails and that’s it. Sellers cannot add their logo or branding or even see the email that will be sent. However, we know that Amazon is a customer-centered platform so we can rest assured that the email will be as customer-friendly as possible.
- Buyers cannot reply to the review request email. The request a review feature is fully automated and thus, responses are not allowed.
Note: Since Amazon has full control over the content of the email via the request a review button, they are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Thus, the features listed above may not always be included in the emails.
Overall, automating review requests on Amazon can bring a number of benefits to businesses and sellers. By consistently utilizing Amazon’s Request a Review button to solicit ratings from customers for both feedback and reviews, businesses and sellers can improve their product ratings, search rankings, and customer satisfaction, all while saving time and resources.